Nothing beats the comfort of a customized pair of basketball shorts. Aside from its inexpensive cost, you will definitely have a ball coming up with a design that would make you stand out among the crowd. In creating your own pair of basketball shorts, you need to begin with a design or pattern. This also includes finding the right equipment, fabric and, of course, a little bit of skills with the needle and thread.
Like the game itself, making your basketball shorts requires patience and determination. In spite of the trouble, creating your own basketball shorts is worth it. Smile as your teammates drool in envy at your custom-made basketball shorts. Enough with the long introduction. Here are some easy tips on how to create your own basketball shorts:
1. Acquire a pattern or design for your basketball shorts. There are various online stores that provide the widest range of patterns and designs for your basketball shorts. You can also look for the best designs from various image sources and archives on the net.
2. Choose a design that will suit your personality. Come up with a working design that will best sum up your personal preferences. Decide on a design that would work and which will represent your hardcourt style best. You must also make up your mind on the length that would be most comfortable for you.
3. Select a particular fabric that will suit you best. As a rule in any clothing or apparel, it is ideal to choose something that fits and is extremely comfortable. Specialty fabrics like polyester-mesh fabric or polyester-dazzle cloth are pretty comfortable and stylish, too. It is also best if you would stick to breathable material so you would not feel uncomfortable during the game.
4. Start tracing the patterns of the fabric. Work on your fabric by tracing the pattern with the help of pins. Do this to delineate the grain lines, leg sides, bottoms, and the center-front lines. Well, the direction may differ based on patterns, so make sure that you flow the patterns correctly.
5. Start cutting the fabric. With pins, mark the waist, hips and inseams of the fabric. In sewing the fabric, work starting from the outside in.
6. Add the finishing touches. When you are done with the cutting and most of the sewing, start hemming the leg openings. This would create an even and smooth finish. After this, you can already add the waist band.
Now, you are ready to wear your DIY basketball shorts. Just remember to wash it before wearing it to remove irritants. Good luck!