An Android mobile phone offers endless options when consuming multimedia content, which is why we often do not miss television. Of course, there are always broadcasts that we would like to access live but we do not have a TV nearby . An open soccer game, a certain program … Do you want to watch all the DTT channels on your smartphone? Today we are going to explain to you a fairly simple and very safe way.
The applications to watch TV are very popular in Google Play, but they usually expire too soon, leaving their users without the option to watch most channels in the same app. Mobdro is always one of our favorites , but you may prefer an alternative that can be downloaded from the Android app store . Today we will make a combination that works very well: app to play IPTV lists and a public list with open channels.
Use IPTV Extreme to access free DTT channels
At no time will we use lists with pay channels since this is not our purpose: we will only access free-to-air television, those channels that you can tune in for free on home TV . You will also have access to a huge number of regional channels: this way you can see their broadcasts even if you are not in their transmission area.
The IPTV playlist application we have chosen is a well known and highly reputable one: IPTV Extreme . A free version with ads is available or you can purchase the full app for 1.19 euros. In addition, we will use Marc Vila’s GitHub lists : he does an incredible job constantly updating the channels.
To proceed with the configuration you just have to do the following:
- Install IPTV Extreme on your Android.
- Download the list of m3u channels from this link on Marc Vila’s GitHub and save it on your mobile.
- Open IPTV Extreme and tap in the center of the screen.
- Choose ” File or link to list “.
- Give your list a name ( DTT , for example) and click on the folder icon.
- Upload the m3u file you downloaded. It is usually found in the ” Download ” folder ; and it’s called ” channels.m3u “.
- Click on ” Ok ” and you will have saved the channels.
- Pull back and you will appear in the channel menu. You just have to click on the icon you want and then on the ” View ” option . You can also click ” Watch with ” to play the broadcast on other video players.
In this way you can watch TV on your Android using IPTV lists of most open broadcasts. Of course, remember to visit the Marc Vila GitHub frequently to update the channel list : broadcasts tend to expire constantly.