When you start your home weight training you have to consider buying few things. Some of them may be unnecessary for you, some of them may be absolutely essential. It all depends on your current fitness level, and on what you want to achieve with your fitness at home.
1. The most important thing is floor space. Without it there is no place to put the equipment, no place to actually work out. When you consider buying the equipment, check its dimensions to make sure that it actually fits in your home gym. Also be sure that you assigned enough space to move and train freely and safely.
2. Free weights like dumbbells and barbells should be the base of your equipment. Complicated machines may be unnecessary, especially when you are a beginner in weight training. A set of dumbbells, rubber bands, and a fitness ball may be all the equipment you need.
3. Weight training bench. A must-have if you think about building your muscle mass. Basic exercises for developing chest and back muscles require a bench. Adjustable bench is an interesting option, it allows you to do inclined and declined exercises.
4. Exercise mat. You can use it for working out your abs, Pilates, yoga or other exercises which require you to sit/lay on the ground.
5. Home gym machines. Most of them are a bit pricey, but they can provide you with a multiple selection of exercises that you can do on them. It’s a good choice if you have a lot of space in your home gym, and you don’t mind the expense. It surely can add an element of diversification to your routine, however working out with free weights should be a priority.
6. Treadmill or elliptical machine. Fantastic for cardio, or general body warm up, tough they are pretty expensive.
As you can see, there are many things you have to consider before completing the equipment for your fitness home gyms. The first thing you need to do is make a decision about your level of commitment to your home weight training, define your current fitness level and based on that start collecting equipment for your fitness home gym.